Using Open Source Tools to Create an Enterprise GIS, Create an enterprise GIS with Postgres SQL, QGIS, and PostGIS to manage users, and support multiple GIS software clients
- Created by Arthur Lembo
- English [Auto-generated]
PREVIEW THIS COURSE - GET COUPON CODE
What you'll learn
- Install PostGRES and PostGIS
- Design a PostGRES database with multiple users and roles
- Load GIS and attribute data into PostGRES and PostGIS
- Manage data by including constraints, views, and indexes.
- Connect GIS software as clients to the Enterprise PostGRES database
- Perform simultaneous multi-user editing of GIS data
- Issue spatial and non-spatial SQL to perform geographic analysis
- Develop an external application (kiosk) in Python
- Publish enterprise data on the Internet
- Students should know what GIS is, and have had some experience using GIS.
- Students should be excited to learn about how to implement an enterprise GIS.
- Although this class provides a lot of hand-holding through advanced technical concepts, students should have a natural curiosity about GIS and technology, and not be afraid to tinker around - remember, in this training the stakes are low - if you break it, you can always start again.